Madness on the Miasma

"Welcome one and all to the crazy mind of Joshua Lonsdale. In this story, you will find the occult and madness mixed in with detective work… But Who is right, who is wrong, and is it all in his head.
This is chapter one of an ongoing story, check back every so often for updates." -Josh



Chapter I

"Last time in Maine"

by Josh L.


My office was in the harbor of Portland Maine, in the year 1912. My task, and my task alone was to investigate a couple port-bound from Louisiana to London. This was going to take some work however, as most crews do not like Personal Investigators aboard their ships.
As my wire instructed, I had to go into the docks of New Orleans and board the cruise ship Miasma. However the captain was recently attacked and nobody took his case, Not even the London Private Guilds, and as the rumor has it, he hangs out with the wrong crowds at times.
All the details of this case were adding up to be about as complex as predicting when the next war would occur. It was then I received word that the ship would dock in New Orleans in twenty days time.
With little time to spare, I packed and headed to the two horse carriage. Even around this time though, there were plenty of occult happenings in Boston, and here in Maine. It also seems to me that everyone is going nuts about some fabled sea monster off the coast of New York.
The client is from Boston, and asked me to look into the matter. Even though I have no desire to get mixed up in the occult, I cannot deny the job. It’s been five weeks since my last case, and money goes quick in these times, being a private investigator is indeed not a picnic.


To be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Vhs Collection Review #6: Heavy Metal (1981)

Cammy - Chapter 2 By Corey R.

The Great VHS Collection Review #3: Arachnophobia (1990)